Good liyan, healthy country, strong community.
The Vision of Yawuru society in 10 to 20 years’ time, which the Yawuru corporate group is committed to working towards, is:-
The Mission Statement of the Yawuru corporate group is:-
Our cultural values stem from the relationship that we as Yawuru have with our Country. Like the Country itself, they arise from Bugarrigarra, which gave form to the landscape, determined our laws and gave Yawuru the responsibility for looking after our Country.
The Values of the Yawuru corporate group are:-
– Clear Liyan – that business is conducted with a clear heart, and an open and honest but respectful behaviour, incorporating integrity and transparency; that issues outside the Yawuru sphere are dealt with outside and not brought in to affect Yawuru business.
– Country as Foundation – recognition in business, policy and strategy that Country is the foundation; that proper respect for land will be recognised and maintained; that if you look after Country it will look after you.
– Culture is knowledge – that from the Bugarrigarra comes knowledge of right and wrong, transparency, accountability, acceptance of responsibility, and the depth of knowledge as to how business is conducted in culturally appropriate ways.
– Build for the Future – that all business, policy, practice and direction should be conducted for the sustainability of Yawuru society and culture in perpetuity and the building of Yawuru Equity and to create Yawuru wellbeing; that short term gain is only appropriate if they actually build long term outcome.
– Together, not individually – in accordance with the values upheld during the struggle to obtain the native title determinations, recognition that the Yawuru corporate group is about the whole, that while recognition of individuals and families is important all decisions are taken for the benefit of all and not for individual segments of Yawuru society.
– Individual and corporate responsibility and accountability – that while the corporations are accountable to Yawuru people, Yawuru individuals are also aware of their responsibility, commitment and avoidance of self-interest in working for the benefit of the Yawuru.